Wednesday, March 13, 2013

True story...

Hello,

My name is Vanessa...


...and I am an Essie-aholic.


Whew! Does it feel good to get that off my chest!

Seriously, I don't know how I made it through 20-something years without knowing Essie existed. They offer so many different colors, and go on so perfectly! I love that if you smush your nails before adding topcoat, most of the time (depending on severity!) it fills in by itself! I can tell you that my first Essie love was Clambake - such a perfect pop of orangey-corally-red!



clambake 

My next love was Turquoise & Caicos! A flirty and tropical aqua according to their website.




turquoise & caicos 

And the truth is that my love has continued, at $7.45 per bottle until I can now proclaim myself the proud owner of nearly two dozen bottles! [I don't even want to do the math :(] A few are doubles because I live in paranoid fear that Essie will discontinue some of my favorites. Like Set in Stones!


set in stones 

Let me tell you - you have not LIVED until you layer this baby over one or two coats of Chinchilly! I know it seems like it might be pretty bland, but I promise you will never get so many compliments on your nails (I'm talking people who I've worked in the same building with for three years who have never spoken a word to me, talking to me in a full elevator to find out what nail polish I'm wearing! And then stopping me again two weeks later to show me that she's wearing it!), and you will feel so effortlessly put together!

chinchilly 
My final secret to perfect nails? Seche Vite! It can be pricey, and smells chemically when you put it on, but keeps me chip-free for a full week! OH and - it also makes your nails rock hard within about 30 minutes. This nail polish habit of mine is easily one of if not the biggest source of chemicals in my life... But it's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment