Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Paleo Potluck in Barrio Logan



So late last week, I stumbled across a new Paleo San Diego Facebook page. I squealed in excitement, liked it as quickly as humanly possible and started perusing the page. Since it is relatively new, it took me all of a minute to realize that they were planning a Paleo Potluck the next Tuesday and anyone was welcome to join. I knew right away that I wanted to go, so I clicked the button, invited the roomie and texted her to let her know we had plans for that Tuesday!

I was SO nervous; I baked blueberry mango muffins (no pictures because they were gobbled up! And Aly and I ate all of the ones we made this weekend!) belatedly realizing that according to the Facebook page, almost everyone that had posted something said they were bringing sweets!

Well – too late by the time I noticed! I snacked on some leftovers before I left just in case. Aly came home and helped me get the muffins out of the tins and in the to-go case, and off we went!

I was really relieved that they had been awesome enough to post a picture of the entryway on the invite – so thoughtful! I was so pleasantly shocked at the amazing space that the potluck was held in! I guess being a white girl that grew up not too far from Barrio Logan meant that my expectations were pretty low, but WOW! I have to remember to tell my parents – they would have loved it! 

 
(Photo found here!)

Anyhow, it was a really cool gallery/workshop space. You could see that there were several workshops where people work (although no one was working just then!) and then a main gallery space, which was where we ate and mingled.

My first alcoholic beverage of the year was a Nor Cal Margarita! It was worth it :) And, I just about DIED when I realized that George Bryant – as in Civilized Caveman! – was there!!! We got to chat for a while, and he was so friendly. I was awkward, per usual! Lord knows I can be awkward like nobodies business! I think I was so awestruck for a minute because his website (amazeballs if you were wondering) was my first introduction to Paleo a little over a year ago, so it was a bit surreal.

He pointed out the fact that it’s a bit silly that Aly and I have culinary backgrounds and yet both work in online finance. Perhaps it is time to branch out into something new… It’s definitely an idea to think about.


Oh, and there was no shortage of food, sweets or otherwise!


And I’ve come to the realization that I need to learn how to take photos, like for realsies, on a big girl camera :/ Anyone feeling generous? Haha. But really?

No comments:

Post a Comment