Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend!






This was my Saturday morning! I met up with a friend of mine and one of his friends at Richard Walker's Pancake House in downtown San Diego. I don't recommend it for anyone that doesn't eat gluten! What you can see in the bottom part of the picture is a sliver of some preeeeetty terrible gluten free pancakes. Oh, excuse me, according to their menu they are 'gluton'-free. I guess I should have had low expectations!

Photo credit to James Gregg of the Union Tribune

After breakfast, we walked down to the USS Midway Museum. Right next to it, they were having the unveiling ceremony for The Kiss statue. It depicts the iconic picture of a sailor kissing a nurse when they found out that the second World War was over. Once the mayor was finished with his speech, they remarried 9 couples who had been married during or after WW2, they had all been married for close to 70 years! Then The Swingin' Blue Stars, a group of women who perform songs in the same fashion as the Andrew's sisters, performed. Jeff and I danced during their whole set - so much fun! There was a photographer (James Gregg) from the Union Tribune who got our names, but I'm sure you can imagine my shock and delight when I found out that the picture of us that you see above was on the second page of the Sunday paper! It was also on the slideshow on the front page of their website. Since it won't stay there forever, a nice friend of mine sent me the link to the story itself.

***

Today, I hiked Corte Madera with some friends of mine. It was gorgeous!! Almost 7 miles round-trip so almost all of us had camelbaks to stay hydrated.

I wore my favorite workout shirt! Buy one here!
It was a beautiful hike and I definitely see myself going again. Although - I'll be sure to reapply sunscreen more frequently!! Someone got herself a gnarly shoulder sunburn. I say it was worth it.


1 comment: