Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Amazing what a little planning can do!

My parents took a spur of the moment trip yesterday, and called to see if I would house and cat sit until Friday.


Kai Outside


Like I'd say no!?! I LOVE when they leave town! I get to pretend that I live in a swanky house all by myself, take baths in their awesomely huge bathtub and eat all of their food. Plus cuddle with the cats if they are feeling friendly!


I got home from work yesterday and grabbed my overnight bag right away. Ordinarily, when they go out of town, I just throw some assorted basics into my bag with little regard for the weather. As you can imagine, this has led to some interesting outfits, and last-minute borrowing from my stepmom! I live right down the street (hey, you'd want to live that close to your parents if they were as cool as mine are!) so it isn't impossible to pop down and pick something up, but I hate having to do it!


Last night, I did things a little differently. I got home [scarfed down three of the truffles the realtor left for us as a thank you! The owner of our duplex is trying to sell it, and we have been very accommodating.], whipped out my handy-dandy iPhone, pulled up the weather report and started outfit planning! I planned out each of my outfits for this week so I wouldn't have to put any thought into getting dressed in the mornings.


I didn't even realize that picking out my outfits in the morning stresses me out, but it does! I'm usually fairly sleepy and grumpy and sometimes make odd choices (Just ask my high school best friend!!). This morning was an absolute dream! I had breakfast and a delicious cup of coffee in my pjs, then 15 minutes before I needed to leave, threw my clothes on, picked out jewelry and fixed my hair.


 20121211-103719.jpg


Voila! Awesome morning, and an awesome outfit.


[Sweater (similar here) & Skirt (unable to find it :( my mom bought it for me for my birthday at an outlet): GAP

Shirt (similar here, stores carry a wide variety of colors!): Old Navy

Necklace (here): Urban Outfitters

Wedges (similar here): Clarks]

No comments:

Post a Comment