Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Telling others what you need

This is a crucial element to ensuring that you are living the life you want
to be. It is also something I have always struggled with and will probably
struggle with for quite some time. Surprising as it may be, no one has the
ability to read minds. If you don't tell those around you, with words
and/or actions, what you want, they will not know!!


 
I still really struggle with this. Most of the time, I'm concerned that I
will offend someone or make them upset. So, I try to turn my internal
dialogue around and ask myself how important the situation is to me. If it
concerns my ability to work, sleep or be comfortable at home or work, I try
to be firm in my communication, but still friendly and fair.

I had this odd dream night before last, where I was showing this man a brand new Xbox and game, and was overcome with the knowledge that he was about to steal it. I leaned forward and asked him if he could see the scissors that I was holding in my hand. He replied yes and I then calmly informed him that I would stab him in the femoral artery if he tried to steal my stuff. He grabbed another set of scissors and was about to attack me when I woke up. I was puzzled by this dream all day, and then mentioned it to my dad last night and he made an interesting comment. He said that in a strange way, it represented me standing up for myself.

Most of the time, you need to reach a compromise with someone and the most important thing to remember is that neither of you will be 100% happy with the outcome, but knowing that you reached an agreement that ensures as much happiness for both of you should make it worth it!

Anyone else feel like life is just one learning experience wrapped in
another? I know I sure do! It's a good thing I love to learn...

In other news, check out my awesomely fantastic new rain boots!!!

20121218-132903.jpg


[Hunter Rain boots: on sale here!}

No comments:

Post a Comment