Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I have a confession to make!

And absolutely 0% of people who know me will be surprised.

I am a hippie. Okay, not in every sense of the word (I would definitely NOT still drive my beast of a 95 explorer if I was a true hippie... although it says something about my commitment to using a product until it is truly dead!) BUT in terms of how much I care about what I eat and put on my body, I certainly fit the bill.

I mention in my About Me post that I try to live a Paleo lifestyle. I eat delicious, high-quality food devoid of processed anything, grains and dairy. I drink coffee with coconut milk, and prioritize what I eat and how it is cooked more than most people, let alone most people my age! I also do my best to avoid exposure to as many chemicals as possible. My deodorant is ordered online from a shop on Etsy (Although I did recently read a post that has inspired me to try making my own! The kind I currently use has a lot of essential oils and I feel like it's been irritating my skin a bit.), I use coconut oil instead of lotion, and a tooth powder instead of toothpaste!

But, I am about to cross a line I have never crossed before. The line where I stop using shampoo and conditioner! Okay, before you develop the permanent opinion that I am gross, please check out this post on the subject!

This girl simplifies it in the perfect way!

"For this cheap, super simple routine, Baking Soda clarifies and removes build-up and Apple Cider Vinegar restores your scalp’s natural pH balance."

I have tried using the 'natural' shampoo and conditioner options out there, and to be honest, they are super expensive, and quite often there is still gluten lurking in the ingredient list!!

So in keeping with my hippie (save-the-planet-and-money-whenever-you-can) attitude, when I realized that I'm nearly out of shampoo it occurred to me that it was the perfect time to try the no 'poo method!

I'm preeeetty apprehensive about this whole thing, but hey, I'm single so really the only ones who might complain are my roommate or the girls that sit near my cubicle at work!

Honestly, the true confession of this post is that in my mid-twenties I am dealing with acne for the first time of my life. It's totally embarrassing and I'm actually getting anxiety about possible scarring! 

I did get a helpful suggestion from a friend to try cutting eggs out of my diet, and it has helped immensely! Still trying to find that solution though, so I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment