Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Blues

Not the sad kind! The music and dancing, of course. I love to dance. I know
how to swing dance (lindy hop, charleston, east coast), blues dance and of
course, crazy attractive white girl dance! I love them all, but blues
dancing seems to put me in the most awkward of situations.

To those who are unaware, and didn't click on the link, blues dancing is
like the dirrrty sexy sister of swing. It's fun, expressive and almost always
suggestive. Therein lies the dilemma. Anytime I find a partner whose style
meshes well with mine, assumptions are always made!

Can I just say that (just how we learn in He's Just Not That Into You) if a
man wants to date you, he will make that known. And the same follows for
women!! For pete's sake - if I want to date you, I will make it abundantly
clear, I promise. Also, considering that the swing and blues community is
generally friendlier than your usual bunch, be stupid obvious if you want
to ask someone out! A great example is this: 'Hey, I'd really like to take
you on a date sometime!'

If you don't mention the word date, I will assume we're just hanging out as
friends. This will make me want to go purchase a gun to  use on you when
you make a surprise visit to my house upset that I don't want to date you,
because you thought we were already dating!

Yeah, that actually happened to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment