Monday, January 13, 2014

1.14.13

Since making my conscious move away from Paleo, I have had quite a few comments & concerns from people, so I think it is good to clarify that I won't be going out of my way to eat gluten during this experiment; I am simply no longer going out of my way to avoid it. Basically, I'm still me, with the same food standards, I'm just imposing fewer limits or rules. It just so happened that I didn't eat gluten until Saturday. I had an english muffin with breakfast, and a sandwich for lunch (from Rubicon Deli, on a puppy friendly hike in Mission Trails!) and I honestly can't remember what I had for dinner - whoops! 

My initial observations were that I felt a little sluggish after both meals, and I also felt like I needed to poop by 2PM, but couldn't until9PM or so. TMI? Oh well. I poop. And write about said pooping or lack thereof! I had another english muffin with breakfast yesterday (what can I say, I love english muffins!! One of my most missed bread items, for sure) but that was it for gluten yesterday. 

Today I ate bell pepper and eggs for breakfast, and tom yum soup with rice for lunch. No gluten was available - so none was eaten! I am realizing that I feel a little bit sniffly/phlegmy today. Could be from gluten, could be a little cold! Only time will tell. 

We went hiking with some friends and their dog on Saturday, which was really nice. I plan on making hiking more of a regular weekend occurrence to get more exercise, and to avoid drinking heavily on Fridays and Saturday nights! 

Tonight I'm taking a sewing class, and I reached out to a friend of the family to let her know I was interested in learning more about Interior Design. That is her profession so I let her know I'd love to volunteer to help out with any local projects she has going on & I got a few good pointers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment