Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Plans!

I have the strongest urge to just CREATE today! I've been listening non-stop to a pair of sisters who sing & make music together, Lily and Madeleine. There is something about seeing approachable people creating something so beautiful together that just makes creativity seem so accessible - and it is! You really just need to push yourself to stop thinking about what you want to do, and do something! 

I'm very excited to spend Monday evening at Maker Place taking a basic sewing class! The best boyfriend in the world got me the class for Christmas. I've had a sewing machine for over a year - since my Grandma's eyesight deteriorated to the point where she couldn't really sew anymore - and I don't have the slightest idea how to use it! 

And tonight I'll be swing dancing! I'm excited for that, but I'm also excited to have some downtime soon. Isn't it interesting how when you don't have plans after work, you wish you did, and when you do have plans, you almost wish you didn't. 

...just me? Ah well, I always was just a little bit fickle! 

I would love to sit down with the man & his roommate Austin soon and iron out our schedules a bit more. Austin helps out with the puppy during the day when I don't bring him to work, but if he doesn't need to watch the pup, he can take his dog to work which is easier for him. I can't really take him with me on Mondays because I have a heavy workload first thing in the morning, and I like to monitor him closely for the first hour or so when I bring him in. He is still learning where not to go to the bathroom, so if I don't watch him he does his business inside - punk! And I would love to set aside some days to stay at my place. It's tough if we don't schedule it, because it's inconvenient for me to have the puppy if I'm planning on going home that night since work is close to my home. 

I love having a schedule and planning things out, I just need to remind myself not to become too heavily invested on following that plan/schedule! Sometimes a little flexibility is exactly what you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment