Friday, January 24, 2014

A pup that won't stop barking

Okay y'all, I am officially MIS-ER-A-BLE! (I hope you read super drawn out and whiny because that is exactly how it sounded in my head!) I caught some sort of stomach bug or food poisoning two days ago which also coincided with every ladies favorite time of the month to create an absolute miserable experience for yours truly. The one bright spot has been that my boss allowed me to work from home for the first time, so at least I've been miserable from the comfort of my boyfriend's couch! And with the sweetest company!



Well, when he isn't barking our ears off after putting him in his crate! We started crate training him a few months ago after he started chewing things in our absence, and until a few weeks ago he really enjoyed it. We took the crate training really slow - just as everyone should - and worked our way up to leaving the pup in the crate alone for small periods of time when we weren't home. He has never acted afraid of the crate or had to be forced in, but a few weeks ago began barking very loudly when we would leave him in there, and I am at a loss as to how to fix it!

In an effort to find a solution, I researched some dog training options and whooooo boy there are tons in this beautiful city! Because I'm an ultra-nerd, I compiled everything into a Google Spreadsheet and shared it with the man so we can figure out what the best option will be.

Here's to hoping we will soon have a well-trained, happy pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment