Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back in the saddle

Time to stop making excuses and get back to writing! I was catching up with a great friend of mine yesterday, and discovered we have a mutual love of writing - and both have blogs we have been neglecting! Okay universe, I get it! Nothing like a blogging accountability partner, eh?

In all honesty, that is exactly what I need. Plenty of people knew that I was starting this blog way back when, but having someone who is holding you accountable, while you hold them accountable as well is just so so helpful.

We also talked about New Year's Resolutions! I have a few things I'd like to prioritize this year, like prioritizing my needs/wants (aka, if I order a drink and I don't like it - send it back! Already bungled this one today, but oh well! I have always had a strong desire to not make anyone's life difficult and that is something I need to work on. There is a difference between making someone's life difficult, and getting what you want.), writing and finding more creative outlets, and making more of an effort to catch up with friends.

One creative outlet I'm going to be exploring is culinary! I would really like to try my hand at canning, pickling, and home brewing. I bought myself a copy of the book True Brews, by Emma Christensen, which I stumbled across one day while feeding my Apartment Therapy, and The Kitchn addictions and knew I needed to get it! I will try my hand at pickling and canning first, because I think I have everything I need on hand to do those, whereas I still need a few things to start brewing.

Well, I'd better run - watching Pulp Fiction for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment